Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Reflections on Idaho

I woke up this morning and we had to scrape the windows of the car for the first time this year and it caused me to want to comment on my experience in Idaho thus far. Everyone always says Utah and Idaho are the same, and I don't think so thus far.

1. There is still open space in Idaho. Ok, so there's technically still open space in Utah, but its gradually disappearing. You have to drive pretty far south, north, east or west from my parent's home to find a lot of open space.

2. The air is actually dryer (if that's possible.) I loved the humidity in Texas, and coming back to Utah was a shock. Now I'm using tons of lotion and my hair feels like steel wool. So if you like a lack of humidity move to Idaho.

3. No one speeds! I commute a little to work and the road is a 65 mph highway. Everyone is going 65 or less. If I go 68 I'm passing people the whole time. Compare this to I-15 in Utah where the posted speed limit in Salt Lake and Utah county is 65 mph and as long as its not rush hour and the traffic is not bad, everyone on the road is going a minimum 65 and most are going in the 70 range and 75 is not even very fast.

I'm sure there are more observations I will make on my continued time here. What an interesting place, but I'm definitely enjoying it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it's not freezing here. I still have squash to ripen!

    ReplyDelete