Friday, September 18, 2009

New Hobby

Can grocery shopping be a hobby? I think that I might be starting to get into it. I'm not completely hard core where I would be shopping at multiple different stores, but I'm starting to base my shopping list on what is on sale. I don't get the newspaper or see out coupon mailings yet, but there's a blog for deals at my local grocery store with links to online coupons and I've started using it. In two weeks I've saved about $7 with coupons. And it makes me really excited talking about it. Also, out of my grocery bill, on the bottom where it says "you've saved . . ." it is about half the total cost of what I've spent. Yes I think I have found a new hobby. The question is, can I go overboard? Is it actually saving me money? And also, why do husbands eat so much? It rather astounds me and I'm amazing because of the difference between feeding one (me) and feeding two. So that's all on this post. Any advice from anyone? BTW I like cooking just as much as I thought I did and its nice to always have an excuse.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the club! Ummmm... I think the rest of the family would say YES it's possible to go overboard. But, between you and me, it's not. ;)

    I remember making meals that I thought would leave plenty of leftovers for the next day's lunch. Then, I'd be so disappointed to see it all disappear (mostly into Kimball!). You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete