Saturday, September 5, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So, I know that you all want to see wedding pictures, and I promise they will come soon. I have been very excited this week to move into our own place, plus I already have pictures ready of moving in. We have lived in our little apartment only a little while now, but it already feels like home. That's the main part of the house. I love the couch especially - $25 at D.I. Best rental deal ever.Here is the leaning tower of boxes from unloading everything. Lots and lots of empty boxes :).

Our bedroom with a small shot of the beautiful quilt Grandma Clayson made us.

This apartment has the most unique kitchen of almost any I've ever seen. The hall from the living area to the bedroom/bathroom is the kitchen, as you can see. But I have to admit, I like it. The pizza is one of the meals here so far that has worked pretty well. I've also made salsa which worked a little less well. I didn't use gloves when cutting jalepenos, and I'm still paying for it. Just a recommendation as well, don't itch armpits when you have jalepeno on your hand. Not that I'm speaking from experience.
And finally, can you think of a better way to break in a house after moving in than a light saber fight. I think not.

3 comments:

  1. You two are cute. It's so fun to establish your own home together! So Em have you found a job up there while he finishes school? p.s. the wood paneling rocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh emily!! I'm so happy for you. That is an interesting kitchen/hallway! Hmm... Yeah, I would recommend wearing gloves when handling jalapenos... I do speak from experience. Soak your hands in milk with ice cubes (to keep the milk cold) It was the only thing that helped my hands feel better... and time... It will go away! You two are adorable... and YES!! I want to see wedding pictures! Love you Em!

    ReplyDelete