Monday, September 21, 2009

My Dream Wedding part 2

So here's the last set of pictures. I think that the pages are better today, if I do say so myself. But its been really fun to go back through all of the pictures, since so much of the day was such a blur. A very very good blur, but blurred nonetheless. So we start out today's pictures with the parents. Our parents are just amazing and I love them a lot. So this is a big thank you to the parents and their love and support and everything. This day wouldn't have been possible without you.

For those who don't know, I now share my anniversary with my parents. It was their 25th wedding anniversary, and so it was neat to share it with them. Sometimes my parents still act like newly-weds and so I loved these pictures because its proof. The newly-weds and the 25 years - looks like its been a good 25 years.


And the grandparents. We got to go to the Clayson's and the Walker's in between. The Clayson's have housed Matt when he comes down to visit us and we're always grateful for that. I love going over and visiting them. Some of my best memories with my grandparents is their example of serving missions and church service. That example always meant a lot. Love you! And not to leave out Grandma Durrant, she was one of the first people to find out we were engaged and I still think her reaction was my favorite. So here's a big thank you to our awesome amazing grandparents. Also we're grateful their still around and hope they can be for a long time.


This is the last set of pictures from the events. Cutting cake and dancing. We were nice mostly when we cut the cake. I was kinda nervous because its not something we really practiced and I hoped we could do it. It turned out just fine and I love the pictures because you can see how happy we were at the moment. What you can't see, but what I remember is how hungry we were at this point in time. We were a little later than we should have been getting to my house due to traffic ;). So we didn't eat before the reception. But it didn't matter too much. Dancing with my dad and with Matt were definitely highlights. Matt and mine's first dance was funny to me because lots of people were watching, but mostly all that mattered in the world at that moment was him and me. P.S. I loved the tiki torches!


So here's some pictures of my handsome, goofy husband. He's still a little boy in some ways - everything he picks up turns into a weapon. He was so cute and nervous on this day. Sitting with him before the ceremony was great, he was just excited and nervous and could hardly contain himself. Then he stepped on my dress on the way into the room. I loved the things that the officiator (sealer) said and then the chance to just stare into his eyes as we were sealed together for time and all eternity. Wow! The temple is in the background because throughout this whole process and planning, he was always so focused on the temple. He's pretty awesome!


And so here's the pictures of me. Lots more of those :). A couple of stories about the things I'm wearing. First of all, if you can't tell, I love flowers and I was very excited about the bouquet. I also love my shoes. I won't tell the story about them, but just I LOVE FLIP-FLOPS, although I did feel awkward even just walking out of the temple in them. umm, sister made the sash, isn't it gorgeous, and the pin that held it I found in a antique store in McKinney Texas. I was very excited, I think its beautiful.


So here's me having lots of fun with the husband. Once again, I love these pictures. And it was actually a lot of fun taking them. I was surprised how easy and fun.


Finally, just a word, I am truly grateful for the gospel and the power restored to earth to bind families together forever. The feeling at the ceremony was incredible and the bond created I'm very grateful for. What a joy that families are together and I get to be with Matt forever. I'm truly grateful that through Jesus Christ this is possible. And I want to say I love Matt a lot :) When he proposed I said I wanted to be his forever, and now I am. That's truly what makes this my dream wedding.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Em! Glad I didn't make taking pictures painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for posting all your pics! i loved looking at them. my favorite is the one of you and your dad dancing. precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with these. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete