Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fall already

Well, here we go back into the real world. I know most of you involved in school have been in school for a couple of weeks now, but we just started today. This is a strange fall for me. I've been done with school for two years now, but the last two I was on a mission and didn't miss too much the starting of school. This year, as I send my husband off, its a different feeling. Odd to be in a college town and not involved in college at all. Luckily, even without school there are plenty of things to remind me of fall.

1. The weather - one of those joys of Idaho. Labor Day it suddenly got really cold at night and has stayed that way. I'm reminded of fall now each morning as me and my sweetheart go running. This morning I wore a sweatshirt, gloves, and an earwarmer on our morning jog. (p.s. a plug for us, Matt has run every day since moving to Rexburg. I know impressive. I usually go with him, have just missed twice.)

2. Food - I'm not even home to enjoy most of the spoils of a very successful garden, but there is fresh local produce at the grocery store and I took a little of the homegrown with me before I left. Plus, last night we had an adventure in donut making. Husband became fry-master, while I designed, cut and frosted. We invited a couple of fun neighbors to enjoy in the spoils. Somehow donuts just seem like a fall food. These are just the leftovers.
3. Football! - I missed two seasons of my Cougars and I just have to make a mini comment - last Saturday's game was awesome! I love football, inspite of the husband's preference against it. I'm really excited to be able to watch this next one with family. GO BLUE!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that Matt does not like football.. I am with you on watching the game with family. I was in a hotel for the last one and my FO. was kept up with my screaming! Yes it was a great game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rexburg falls are awesome - lovely weather to just take a walk to the park or have a bonfire in. Be prepared for a brutal winter though - it gets bone chilling cold. And we are glad to have you in the family Emily - we need all the cougar support we can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily! I was thinking about you a month or so ago and was wishing I could have somehow seen you after you got home from your mission. I don't live anywhere near you....VA! I'm thrilled I bumped into your blog!
    ~Michelle~
    http://tightlikeadish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete