Friday, September 4, 2009

Our Fairy Tale Story


I thought our first post should tell our story. We first met back in April, just after Matt's birthday. My brother was headed up to visit our aunt one weekend, and that sounded like fun so I thought I'd come along. When I told her I was coming she said she wanted to set up a date for me, someone she'd wanted to set me up with since I'd come home from my mission. I said that was ok, he called and we went out on our first date. I felt very much like I could be myself around him, and had a lot of fun. Honestly didn't think it was likely to go anywhere, but I was willing for another date.
He added me as a friend on facebook, and made one attempt to ask me out via facebook, which didn't work - I didn't get the message. So we chatted online once and decided he would take me to Star Trek. He called me, set it up and we had a good time. He dropped me off at 10:00 which was too early for me, so I texted him and asked him to go hiking with me the next day. The hike was tons of fun and we connected very well.
We continued dating, going back and forth between his home and mine, 90 minutes apart. One weekend here, one there. Things progressed pretty fast, our first kiss the next weekend, and we decided soon we were officially dating. He was really sweet for my birthday, gave me a stuffed arctic fox who we've named "Hielo." He even got it delivered to me on my actually birthday even though I didn't see him till the day after.
Things were getting more serious. My sister got married the next weekend and things were good. The following weekend we went to a comedy club, and I sort had this weird sort of thing happen, where at the beginning of the night I was annoyed and didn't even really like him for a minute, to resolving things where I remembered how much I did love him and how at peace I'd mostly felt about life since I'd met him. Somehow, through all the confusion I created, that night on the doorstep he asked me to marry him. :) Actually, he told me to marry him and I said ok, but its about the same thing.
Wedding planning began, but we were able to have so much fun throughout the summer. On short notice I took one last trip without him to Texas and visit all the people I love there. We went together to concerts, up canyons, and even just my backyard swing. We spent a lot of time with family getting to know each others families better. He even braved family vacation with my whole family to Yellowstone. And then treated me to going with some of his family to San Diego to the beach and to the play "Wicked." Before we knew it the wedding arrived, and now we're together forever, starting our "happily ever after."

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing. Please keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear a good story! Congrats you two. You looked radiant on your wedding day. Good luck with the coming adjustments! Em, I think you have an invite to our blog, but if not, let e-mail and let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    We have "It's never too late for happily ever after" hanging in our kitchen. It's true no matter how much people think it's trite. Trite or not it's true!

    ReplyDelete