Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kitchen Fun

I've been having a lot of fun in the kitchen lately and this post is badly overdue. So many weeks ago we decided to have a cooking around the world week. It was great fun.

The pictures went in reverse order, so I'll just do it in the order they came out. This was our last dish, paella. We had to include a Spanish dish in Matt's honor. Bad recipe and I didn't do it right either, so this was the closest to a failure. Next time we make paella, Matt's going to do it.
Next try was the tamales. Mmm pork tamales. We faked it and used aluminum foil instead of corn husks to wrap them in. They turned out very well and I'm not quite sure why they are rumored to be so difficult. It wasn't that hard and they tasted good. I don't even have this recipe and I altered it so much and don't remember what I did that I couldn't put it here now.
And the next one is not actually a world food. Its name is "alfredo egg bake" so we'll pretend in our tour that it is Italian. Really pretend. Matt loved this one, it had a little too much fat in it for my tastes, between the eggs, bacon, and alfredo sauce but it was good. Got the recipe from the bisquick website if anyone wants to try it.



This was by far my personal favorite. We made Pad Thai using a recipe from the Betty Crocker website that I love a whole bunch. It was really really good. We had to use ramen noodles because I couldn't find rice noodles that day and I would cut down on the amount of cayenne pepper unless you like it really spicy. I highly recommend this recipe.


1 comment:

  1. now I am hungry- thanks Em. Those meals look delish! I am definitely trying the Pad Thai. I've been trying some of Jamie Olivers recipes at jamieoliver.com and they have all been really yummy- if you want to give them a try.
    Those gift look like so much fun- look at you becoming Martha Stewart without the jail time!!

    ReplyDelete