Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend Adventures

So, it was a good weekend. Very good. It started off earlier in the week in that the husband has a job! I'm very happy for him. It's only part-time (28 hours) for the moment, but we have high hopes that he'll be able to pick up more hours and plus it gives him time to work on his class and write and stuff. But anyway Friday night we had an awesome date night. We used our Christmas present from Matt's cousin McKell (thanks) and went out to dinner at this cool little cafe in town. Yummy chicken fried steak that I actually enjoyed, which was really good. Then my husband finally took me swimming, which I've been wanting to do since we got married and we've never gone. Obviously no pictures of that, no one wants to see very white winter bodies in swimming suits. But it feels so good to be in the water and Matt taught me how to swim better and I was proud because I swam the whole length of the pool without touching down, possibly for the first time in my life.
So then Saturday we had fun. On Thursday we bought a little end table from DI. It looked like this:



The lighting is not great, but when we finished painting the table looks like this:



I'm still going to antique it by sanding the edges, but I wanted to share our project and I might not ever do it if i wait. I also thought the drop cloth we used looked very neat and artistic. Matt didn't agree with me, but I had to share it.


2 comments:

  1. cool table, and I'm glad you finally found someone to teach you to swim. We'll leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned to swim a long time ago, just not very well!

    ReplyDelete