Monday, July 26, 2010

Our Trip

I know. Once again its been a long time. But I make up with a blog post and pictures and good stuff.
Last week Matt and I took our summer vacation. We were planning on going to Colorado, and then Matt couldn't get the time off work. Unluckily I had paid for a conference there and it was too late to get a refund, but luckily I procrastinated and had not made any reservations. Maybe I was inspired. So, we decided to still take a trip, but with only three days where to go? So we toured Salt Lake City and had a ton of fun.
So as to not go in to too much boring detail I will just list all the cool things we did in Salt Lake. We went to Liberty Park, Tracy Aviary, Wheeler Farm, Temple Square (including Relief Society building, Church Office Building (for the view), one of the organ concerts, Salt Lake Temple, Brigham Young Historical park and the church history museum), Welfare Square, the new aquarium, Wedding Singer at Hale Center Theatre, and Fort Douglas.
It was a lot to pack into three days. My biggest happy surprise was the Relief Society Building. I can't believe I've never been in there. It was way cool and I got some good stuff and inspiration for girl's camp. Poor Matt was a good sport while I looked at all the ideas. I also was proud, I took the initiative to talk to Richard Elliot after the organ recital, which I never do. I was glad I did, learned some interesting things. We had fun with a very trunky missionary at Welfare Square who was probably on her last transfer, because she said she's starting at BYU this fall. In general we had a really good time together.
Here's pictures in no particular order. Camera had died on the third day and we had no back up batteries :( But hopefully the videos of us milking a cow for the first time will work :)
Matt liked bigger fish. I'm pretty sure these guys were native.
Feeding ducks and tractor ride at Wheeler Farm


The penguins at the aquarium.

And I think its going to be tradition to find a frog on every trip. I have so far.


Me milking

Matt Milking

Keep reading the next post as well :) Its worth your time.

2 comments:

  1. Fun posts, but your blog needs help in my opinion. You background is working for me, so I have to highlight everything to read it. And you should have the entire article in your RSS feed, not the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diddo Liz. I really like the penguin picture.

    ReplyDelete